Monday, November 02, 2009

It's a different world...

I'm at the Henry Ford Village in Dearborn Michigan.
My Mother lives here and has for almost 6 years. It's been a good place for her.
After she woke up on the basement floor in a pool of blood she decided that the old homestead might be the best place for her to grow old. Here she has round the clock services if she needs them and a fully functioning community of people her own age.
This property is an Errickson Community, at least it was until Errickson ran into financial problems and has to restructure their debt.
I don't know if that's going to have any affect on Jane's stay here, so far nothing new.
We're dealing with a couple of age related issues this trip. We have to update the will and make sure that the "durable power of attorney for health care" is in order and then there's the issue of the car.
It seems clear to me that Jane really shouldn't continue to drive, at least by herself but making that sale is no simple matter.
I guess we all see the car as a symbol of our freedom and lossing that is almost more than we can bear.
I'll head back to Houston on Thursday morning and I'm anxious to see what's happened with the Kitchen Job.
More later...

No comments: