Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Here's a MUST read for every photographer...





Unfortunately, Photo Techniques magazine will not let you read David Vestal's comments without a subscription. I'll try and get a copy of the article to post to this site.
Until that happens, here's the short version.
Get over any pretense about being a "fine art" photographer. Be a photographer, try to be a good one or at least the best you can be ( editorial comment ) and don't worry about it.

I've known Vestal for almost 20 years and I highly recommmend him as a teacher and a photographer. In my own words, David is a no bullshit kind of guy. In my experience, David has no subtrifuge or hidden agenda, he is an honest man who has devoted his life to the study, making and greater understanding of art, particularly photography.

Until I get a copy of his latest comments, he can be contacted by writing him a letter (novel idea ).

David Vestal
PO Box 309
Bethlehem, CT 06751-0309

Here's a rather crude attempt to get a copy of Vestal's remarks on the web. Clilck on the image for a larger, easier to read version.





By the way, I took the picture of David at the Photographer's Formulary in Condon Montana.
David and Al Weber where teaching a workshop. You should make time to go to the Formulary for the next Weber/Vestal workshop this coming June.
www.photoformulary.com

No comments: