Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day after the big Turkey day...

Jeff just left for Dallas and Kendra is going to visit her old friends in the Woodlands. Cathy is doing laundry and other wise busy, probably to include some shopping.
I'd like to go back to bed, Chloe spent the night right next to me and I don't think I slept as well as I would have liked to.
I'm about to decide that I have no use for any of the cameras other than the 35mm. I've had bad luck printint 2 1/4 negs lately and I'm frustrated with my lack of black and white output.
I'm not sure why I think that the 35 mm is the answer, but at the moment it seems to be.
Other than that my life is grand.

I've been reading the blog, The Photo Editor, and I'm amazed at how similar all the comments seem to be. The "pros" despair of the "amateurs" and the "artists" have a problem with the "commercial" guys, the "editor" tires of the "family" who are always asking him to look at their
vacation pictures, etc. etc... Somebody is always tired of somebody else. What a world!!!!

For me the answer seems to be, forget all that and just make pictures that I like. Schorre said it, the only way to work is by doing the work. The rest is just hot air.

I'm going to the darkroom and see if I can find a negative I'd like to print.

I hope everyone has had a nice holiday and survived the time with family.

No comments: