Saturday, February 02, 2013

Where's Len?

It's been too long...well, maybe not long enough.
Since the Grand Tour of the American West with Mr Vestal in October I have in fact been working.
However, it's mostly been in the darkroom.  No doubt the result of two stops David and I made during the Grand Tour.
Jan Peiterzak is making some beautiful platinum prints in Santa Fe.  They are contact prints from 120 negatives so they are best seen at no more than arm's length. Mark Cetrit and Sherry Hain are also doing some beautiful work with the 4x5. All of with is to say that I'm currently infatuated with the possibility of contact prints in silver.
I had started some 4x5 work a number of years ago but got sidetracked by new digital cameras among other things. I keep coming back to an old expression that I'm sure is nothing by a cynical comment..."If you can't make it good, make it big!"...I've been trying to print some old negatives with new techniques in mind.  It seems to be working but it's going to be a while before I have finished prints to post on this blog.  Something I learned at Rendezvous 24, show your work in it's best light.
Please be patient.

No comments: