Thursday, July 01, 2010

Shiprock New Mexico...


I know that my friend Robert Langham has been photographing Shiprock for some time. If you ever have the chance to listen to some of his stories about his adventures there, you will surely enjoy the time spent.
Last summer while in Santa Fe, I had the good fortune to spend some time with William Clift.
He has also been photographing Shiprock. In fact, proir to Langham taking up the cause, Clift began the project. Clift showed me some images he's made at the "rock" and I was blown away.
Clift is the master of black and white photography that anyone who's been in a darkroom can only aspire to become. If you ever have the chance go see his work don't miss the opportunity.
All in all the trip to the Grand Canyon was wonderful, I'll put up more pictures as they get processed.

No comments: