Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There is a difference...

While I was okay with the look of the pictures of the lures on the computer screen, I'm not all that happy with the outcome a several prints this morning.
The "white" seamless prints grey and the color is not vivid enough. I'll try again.
It could be that the wonderful Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Bright White is not the ideal paper for these prints. I think the lesson there is never judge an inkjet paper by it's feel. The Hahnemuhle is a great 310 gram stock and I love the look and feel of it. It feels substantial and heavy, the kind of paper you'd like to have a picture printed on.
I'll try something else to get the prints looking like I think they should.

The portrait in the last post is in fact someone I knew, although not well enough. The man is Harry G. Gustafson, my maternal grandfather. He departed this veil when I was 14. He taught many things and died much too young.

No comments: