Monday, May 05, 2008

A good time was had by all !!!!

The BIG surprise was the arrival of Son Jeff on Saturday. He came in from Dallas with the "new" lady friend, Laural. It made for an unexpectedly "fun" weekend.
Dinner on Saturday evening was lovely, we ate well and drank too much wine, but the conversation flowed and Max was a big hit.
All in all one of the better birthday parties I've had. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the since the 10th. birthday with it's Hop a Long Cassidy outfit, I don't remember a better one.
It's still hard for me to believe that I've gotten to the Beatles' song age. Will you still need me, will you still feed me?

Pictures on Saturday for a lady in the office. While I'm confident that she'll find something that she likes in the proofs, I'm not happy with the natural lighting and feel that it's something that I need to work on. I think the proofs would have been better if I had controlled the light better and more completely.

No work in the darkroom and I'm fretting about it, but I have no one to blame but myself.

Since the "Ashcan" show at the DIA last weekend, I'm in love with Robert Henri. Reading The Art Spirit is a must for anyone trying to make pictures.
It seems to me that the eight give us something to think about today. Their work in the places the people inhabit in the City at the turn of the century as just as relevant today as they where then. There is much work to be done right here in my own backyard.

No comments: